Saturday, February 23, 2008

Falling apart, Starving Stray.

I think these are the cases that bother me the most....  

The pictures are graphic,  Consider yourself warned

I picked up this dog today. He was standing on the side of the road when i arrived.

The complaint came in to the office that this dog was on front of the complainants house and it was either injured or dying the complainant was nt sure what was wrong with the dog but knew it was in horrible shape.

Sure enough the lady was right. As i arrived the dog was standing on the side of the road. He was chewing on a patch of clovers and could barely continue standing. I am not sure 
exactly what skin condition this is. I believe it to be sarcoptic mange though I will have to have a 
skin scraping done to confirm this.  As bad off as this dog was I have nobody to blame and hold 
accountable for this. I canvased the neighborhood trying to find either littermates, or other strays 
in simmiliar condition. Luckily i did not find any other dogs. But after talking to many people in the neighborhood I was pointed to many streets but nothing turned up anything positive.
So now this dog will more than likely have no justice served. The only thing I could offer this dog
was an end to its agony. i will continue my search for an owner again on monday though I will not hold my breath. Its very sad that this is not a rare occurence.





























No comments: